Happy new year everyone! We are so excited for a new decade and have big goals we plan to achieve in 2020! Each January we take time to set goals individually and as a real estate team. One of our favorite ways to kick off the new year is to make a vision board. We’ve been doing these for years and truly believe they help bring our goals to life every year. It’s one thing to make goals, but if you aren’t reminded of them daily it can be hard to achieve them. Visually seeing your goals every day makes a huge difference so the boards need to be placed where they will be seen daily!
If you are new to vision board making, we have a super helpful planning sheet to get you started. Sometimes just looking through magazines will spark inspiration but it’s helpful to get an idea of your goals gathered before starting.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions about vision boards. We will be sharing our completed boards soon! We would love to see yours so please tag @atlantahomefinders on IG or Megan & Natalie Real Estate on FB so we can see them!
Events Around Town this Month
- January 11th- Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting
- January 11th- Last day of Garden Lights at Botanical Gardens
- January 12th- Atlanta Comic Convention
- January 18th- Atlanta Winter Wine Festival
- January 19th- Harlem Globe Trotters at State Farm Arena
- January 20th- Martin Luther King Day at Atlanta History Center
- January 20th- MLK Day 5K Drum Run
- January 25th- Pirate Day at Fernbank
- January 25th- Atlanta Chinese Lunar New Year Festival
- Through end of February- Enchanted Woodland Trail-Fairies and Gnome Homes
That New Year Health Kick…
It’s that time of year when most people try to reset eating habits. In honor of that we are sharing our current favorite healthy recipes:)
Korean Beef Bowl (Paleo, Whole 30 Friendly)
One of my favorite recipes is from Justin and Erica Winn. You can check out the recipe on their site.
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and grated on a microplane
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 6 cups greens of choice (I prefer spinach or kale)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add sesame oil. Add in ground beef. Break the beef up into small bits.
- Add the shallot, ginger, red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and mix with the beef. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned and developing some crispy bits, about 8 minutes.
- Add the coconut aminos and fish sauce and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- If you are making the optional sauce, mix the mayo and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve beef in a bowl over a bed of greens with rice or cauliflower rice. Top with optional sauce and enjoy.
Crockpot Creamy White Chicken Chili
This recipe is from theskinnyishdish.com and is weightwatchers friendly if that’s your jam 😉 Click here to see her whole blog post on it and nutritional info.
- 1-½ lbs chicken breast, raw
- 2 15.5 ounce Great Northen Beans (3 cups) drained, but not rinsed
- 2 4 ounce cans cans diced mild green chiles
- 1 ½ cups corn, frozen
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth low sodium, if available
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper more or less depending on level of spice preference
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- tortilla strips
- reduced fat shredded cheese
- chopped green onions
- chopped cilantro
- diced tomatoes
- a squeeze of 1/4 of a lime
- In a slow cooker add chicken breast, beans, green chiles, corn, spices, and chicken broth. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Stir back into the chili. Stir in half and half and light cream cheese. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Top with tortilla strips, cheese, green onions, cilantro, tomatoes, and/or a squeeze of lime, if desired. Enjoy!