It’s no secret that keeping your home organized is a huge benefit to any home on or off the market.
This year the new Netflix show Tidying Up with Marie Kondo inspired us both to de-clutter and spark joy in both our lives and our homes.
Plus having an organized home means that when you are ready to put your house on the market, it’ll be easier to photograph and show to potential buyers. Which is something we promise will spark joy in everyone!
Here are our top five tips for anyone looking to organize and de-clutter their home.
Megan and Natalie’s Top Five Tips For Organizing Your Home
- Have a plan. Choose to organize room by room, or by category i.e. clothes, books, toys, etc.
- Give yourself plenty of time and stay dedicated. With your plan in hand, be patient, and committed to finishing because odds are it won’t happen overnight.
- Embrace the idea of keeping only things that are useful or super meaningful. Feel good about donating what you no longer need to someone who does.
- Make a list of organizational items to buy as you go Look for coupons (hello spring cleaning sales!) so you don’t overspend on your organization budget.
- Enjoy the process! Have fun, play music, or get the whole family involved! Enjoy reminiscing through old items and look forward to the end result.
Did you know?
Due to the popularity of the KonMari Method this year, second-hand stores are being flooded with donations. Here are a few of our favorite local places to donate.
Have you KonMari’d your home? Send us before and after photos to email@example.com for a chance to be featured on Instagram and Facebook.
What’s Happening Around Town?
You’re in Luck because there is plenty o’ St. Patrick’s Day fun happening around town.
Atlanta St. Patrick’s Day Parade
St. Paddy’s O-Pedal Ride to Conquer Childhood Cancer
March Into Spring with a Few of Our Favorite Local Festivals Around Town…
3/16: Suwanee Beer Fest
3/30-3/31 Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival
P.S. We’ve got a brand new website!
Our 2019 Resolution is to continue to bring our clients of the past, present and future our very best. Which includes having a website that’s built with you in mind. Take a look around, share it with all your friends and family and check back often for up to date listings, blogs, highlights of the incredible communities we work in, local events, buying and selling tips and more.